How to Make it Happen

From a relaxing and fun summer experience to a full year of study in one of the best universities or colleges in Canada, SPG offers many opportunities to enrich your cultural background while learning something new in a study program.

We can help international students with their study permit applications and to get their Government of Canada study permit faster though the Student Direct Stream.


About the Process

A study permit is a document that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions in Canada.

Please Note

This kind of permit is not a visa and it does not allow you to enter to Canada. Therefore, you may also need to get a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). Also, it is recommended to apply for a study permit before you travel to Canada.

Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

Once you graduate from a designated learning institution, you may be able to apply for a temporary open work permit.

Learn more about a PGWP

Prepare your documents ahead of time!

Study permit applications can involve long processing periods.Before you apply for a study permit, you will need:

  • An acceptance letter from a designated learning institution of your choice
  • A valid passport or travel document
  • Proof you can support yourself during the whole duration of your study permit
  • A study plan
Do I need a study permit?

You don’t need a study permit if:

  • Your course or study program has a duration of 6 months or less
  • You will complete your studies before the end of your current status that allows you to stay in Canada

We always suggest that potential students apply for a study permit, even if they don’t need to. Why? Many students are likely to continue their studies in another program.

Have More Questions?

Get more answers on our FAQ page.

© 2019 Serving People Group. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions

Web Design by nvision